The Division of Student Engagement and Success at Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi assists students in attaining their educational goals. Our services create a supportive learning environment for personal and professional development to prepare students for responsible citizenship and lifelong learning. We strive for excellence in serving our students, campus and community engagement, leadership development and inclusion.
Student Learning Outcome Themes
Ethical Decision Making and Social Responsibility (2015)
Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of, and use, ethical reasoning for responsible decision-making in a culturally and ethnically diverse world.
- Articulate multiple cultural perspectives in local, national and global communities.
- Identify and analyze social and ethical challenges, including possible solutions.
- Demonstrate a responsibility to improve the world through engagement and service.
Globalization and Cultural Diversity (2015)
Students will be able to analyze the impact of multiple factors on the interconnectedness of diverse people in the global environment.
- Utilize multiple perspectives to evaluate initiatives to address global issues.
- Describe the nature of global interdependence and its impacts.
- Articulate an understanding of cultural differences from diverse perspectives.
- Create inclusive environments to engage people from all backgrounds and beliefs.
Students will be able to express ideas clearly and coherently to a diverse range of audiences and interact with others in large and small group settings.
- Use multiple formats to communicate ideas effectively in large and small group settings.
- Apply fundamental writing strategies to the development of effective written communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate multiple informational resources into communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and maintain meaningful and healthy interpersonal relationships.
Critical Thinking (2016)
Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking skills; including an ability to explain issues, analyze information, articulate probable options and their consequences and make rational decisions.
- Interpret, analyze and evaluate information by:
- Discriminating among different degrees of credibility, accuracy and reliability.
- Recognizing assumptions in sources.
- Demonstrate an ability to justify conclusions based on evidence.
- Construct and articulate rationale for well informed decisions.
Specific Knowledge (2017)
Students will demonstrate the depth of knowledge and application in a specific subject matter.
- Demonstrate skills required for mastery in the subject matter.
- Identify and propose solutions to challenges or problems encountered in the subject matter.
- Identify, analyze, apply and evaluate related theories, ideas and concepts.
Integration of Broad Knowledge (2017)
Students will be able to synthesize knowledge from general and specialized studies.
- Articulate the connection between knowledge gained in the co-curricular with other educational experiences.
- Apply broad knowledge to co-curricular experiences.